Feb 19, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Well, Anchor Brewing is putting an Anchor Brewery there. It will be on what is now known as Pier 48, but is transforming into the
Giants-owned* Mission Rock development project sitting on 27 acres across McCovey Cove south of AT&T Park.
The Giants are the landlords. The development plan calls for the brewery, 1,500 apartments, retail and office space. It’ll be quite the scene, man.
Meanwhile, across the bay, the Athletics have some leads on a taco truck that might maybe want to park outside the Coliseum on alternate weekends, assuming a good spot next to some bars in Berkeley doesn’t open up first.
*Correction: The Giants currently rent the land on which the brewery is going to go and use it for parking. The Giants have some sort of partnership with the city for the development of the land, but they don’t own it.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (252)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)