Feb 19, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Well, Anchor Brewing is putting an Anchor Brewery there. It will be on what is now known as Pier 48, but is transforming into the
Giants-owned* Mission Rock development project sitting on 27 acres across McCovey Cove south of AT&T Park.
The Giants are the landlords. The development plan calls for the brewery, 1,500 apartments, retail and office space. It’ll be quite the scene, man.
Meanwhile, across the bay, the Athletics have some leads on a taco truck that might maybe want to park outside the Coliseum on alternate weekends, assuming a good spot next to some bars in Berkeley doesn’t open up first.
*Correction: The Giants currently rent the land on which the brewery is going to go and use it for parking. The Giants have some sort of partnership with the city for the development of the land, but they don’t own it.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 61
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)