Feb 19, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Well, Anchor Brewing is putting an Anchor Brewery there. It will be on what is now known as Pier 48, but is transforming into the
Giants-owned* Mission Rock development project sitting on 27 acres across McCovey Cove south of AT&T Park.
The Giants are the landlords. The development plan calls for the brewery, 1,500 apartments, retail and office space. It’ll be quite the scene, man.
Meanwhile, across the bay, the Athletics have some leads on a taco truck that might maybe want to park outside the Coliseum on alternate weekends, assuming a good spot next to some bars in Berkeley doesn’t open up first.
*Correction: The Giants currently rent the land on which the brewery is going to go and use it for parking. The Giants have some sort of partnership with the city for the development of the land, but they don’t own it.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)