Feb 19, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Well, Anchor Brewing is putting an Anchor Brewery there. It will be on what is now known as Pier 48, but is transforming into the
Giants-owned* Mission Rock development project sitting on 27 acres across McCovey Cove south of AT&T Park.
The Giants are the landlords. The development plan calls for the brewery, 1,500 apartments, retail and office space. It’ll be quite the scene, man.
Meanwhile, across the bay, the Athletics have some leads on a taco truck that might maybe want to park outside the Coliseum on alternate weekends, assuming a good spot next to some bars in Berkeley doesn’t open up first.
*Correction: The Giants currently rent the land on which the brewery is going to go and use it for parking. The Giants have some sort of partnership with the city for the development of the land, but they don’t own it.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)