Feb 19, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Well, Anchor Brewing is putting an Anchor Brewery there. It will be on what is now known as Pier 48, but is transforming into the
Giants-owned* Mission Rock development project sitting on 27 acres across McCovey Cove south of AT&T Park.
The Giants are the landlords. The development plan calls for the brewery, 1,500 apartments, retail and office space. It’ll be quite the scene, man.
Meanwhile, across the bay, the Athletics have some leads on a taco truck that might maybe want to park outside the Coliseum on alternate weekends, assuming a good spot next to some bars in Berkeley doesn’t open up first.
*Correction: The Giants currently rent the land on which the brewery is going to go and use it for parking. The Giants have some sort of partnership with the city for the development of the land, but they don’t own it.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)