Feb 20, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
According to the Korea Baseball Organization (KBO), the South Korean governing body of pro baseball, four Taiwanese advance scouts posed as umpire trainees to gain entrance to a practice game at Dou Liou Stadium between the South Korean national team and a South Korea pro club, the NC Dinos.
They basically just showed up dressed as umpires, got into the park and started timing pitchers and things with the idea of giving Taiwan an edge in the upcoming World Baseball Classic.
Taiwan apologized and denied any official involvement, leaving their spies out in the cold. No word if the cyanide capsules in the spies molars malfunctioned or if the spies simply lost their nerve.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)