Feb 20, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Matthew McConaughey has a new movie coming out this summer called “Dallas Buyer’s Club” that, according to IMDB, tells “the true-life tale of Ron Woodroof, a drug taking, women loving, homophobic man who, in 1986 was diagnosed with full blown HIV/AIDS and given thirty days to live.”
McConaughey dropped 50 pounds for the movie, which co-stars Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto, and … White Sox designated hitter Adam Dunn. Seriously.
Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago writes that Dunn makes his acting debut as a bartender and “got involved in the project because an associate was one of the producers.” He spent two days filming the scenes, but doesn’t have any speaking lines.
Dunn, much like Charlie Chaplin before him, doesn’t need to speak to captivate an audience.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (78)