Feb 20, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
Matthew McConaughey has a new movie coming out this summer called “Dallas Buyer’s Club” that, according to IMDB, tells “the true-life tale of Ron Woodroof, a drug taking, women loving, homophobic man who, in 1986 was diagnosed with full blown HIV/AIDS and given thirty days to live.”
McConaughey dropped 50 pounds for the movie, which co-stars Jennifer Garner, Jared Leto, and … White Sox designated hitter Adam Dunn. Seriously.
Doug Padilla of ESPN Chicago writes that Dunn makes his acting debut as a bartender and “got involved in the project because an associate was one of the producers.” He spent two days filming the scenes, but doesn’t have any speaking lines.
Dunn, much like Charlie Chaplin before him, doesn’t need to speak to captivate an audience.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)