Feb 20, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
The New York Daily News can confirm this outrageous bit of news:
The Yankee slugger, who has been MIA since he was linked to a Miami clinic under investigation by MLB for providing performance-enhancing drugs to baseball players, was caught leaving The Atlantic Grill on the Upper West Side.
According to insiders, A-Rod, who is rehabbing his left hip in the city while his teammates prepare for the season in Tampa, ate oysters, a mixed green salad and grilled branzino.
“A-Rod has been coming here for the last three days,” the insider said. “ He was drinking only water.”
Important stuff, obviously. The Daily News photos show Rodriguez in a pair of Nike sweatpants, stepping into the back of a black SUV. Which is basically every baseball blogger’s dream. Three days straight of sweatpants and oysters, with a designated driver.
A-Rod will earn $28 million in 2013. He’s not expected to be recovered from hip surgery until July.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)