Feb 20, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
The New York Daily News can confirm this outrageous bit of news:
The Yankee slugger, who has been MIA since he was linked to a Miami clinic under investigation by MLB for providing performance-enhancing drugs to baseball players, was caught leaving The Atlantic Grill on the Upper West Side.
According to insiders, A-Rod, who is rehabbing his left hip in the city while his teammates prepare for the season in Tampa, ate oysters, a mixed green salad and grilled branzino.
“A-Rod has been coming here for the last three days,” the insider said. “ He was drinking only water.”
Important stuff, obviously. The Daily News photos show Rodriguez in a pair of Nike sweatpants, stepping into the back of a black SUV. Which is basically every baseball blogger’s dream. Three days straight of sweatpants and oysters, with a designated driver.
A-Rod will earn $28 million in 2013. He’s not expected to be recovered from hip surgery until July.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 11
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)