Feb 20, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
The New York Daily News can confirm this outrageous bit of news:
The Yankee slugger, who has been MIA since he was linked to a Miami clinic under investigation by MLB for providing performance-enhancing drugs to baseball players, was caught leaving The Atlantic Grill on the Upper West Side.
According to insiders, A-Rod, who is rehabbing his left hip in the city while his teammates prepare for the season in Tampa, ate oysters, a mixed green salad and grilled branzino.
“A-Rod has been coming here for the last three days,” the insider said. “ He was drinking only water.”
Important stuff, obviously. The Daily News photos show Rodriguez in a pair of Nike sweatpants, stepping into the back of a black SUV. Which is basically every baseball blogger’s dream. Three days straight of sweatpants and oysters, with a designated driver.
A-Rod will earn $28 million in 2013. He’s not expected to be recovered from hip surgery until July.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 1
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 44
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 44
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 42
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)