Feb 20, 2013, 8:56 PM EST
The New York Daily News can confirm this outrageous bit of news:
The Yankee slugger, who has been MIA since he was linked to a Miami clinic under investigation by MLB for providing performance-enhancing drugs to baseball players, was caught leaving The Atlantic Grill on the Upper West Side.
According to insiders, A-Rod, who is rehabbing his left hip in the city while his teammates prepare for the season in Tampa, ate oysters, a mixed green salad and grilled branzino.
“A-Rod has been coming here for the last three days,” the insider said. “ He was drinking only water.”
Important stuff, obviously. The Daily News photos show Rodriguez in a pair of Nike sweatpants, stepping into the back of a black SUV. Which is basically every baseball blogger’s dream. Three days straight of sweatpants and oysters, with a designated driver.
A-Rod will earn $28 million in 2013. He’s not expected to be recovered from hip surgery until July.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 0
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 3
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 86
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)