Feb 20, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
The New York Daily News can confirm this outrageous bit of news:
The Yankee slugger, who has been MIA since he was linked to a Miami clinic under investigation by MLB for providing performance-enhancing drugs to baseball players, was caught leaving The Atlantic Grill on the Upper West Side.
According to insiders, A-Rod, who is rehabbing his left hip in the city while his teammates prepare for the season in Tampa, ate oysters, a mixed green salad and grilled branzino.
“A-Rod has been coming here for the last three days,” the insider said. “ He was drinking only water.”
Important stuff, obviously. The Daily News photos show Rodriguez in a pair of Nike sweatpants, stepping into the back of a black SUV. Which is basically every baseball blogger’s dream. Three days straight of sweatpants and oysters, with a designated driver.
A-Rod will earn $28 million in 2013. He’s not expected to be recovered from hip surgery until July.
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 8
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)