Feb 20, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Alfredo Aceves refused to throw the ball at anything resembling full speed during his first live batting practice session of spring training Sunday, which resulted in new Red Sox manager John Farrell giving him a talking to and general manager Ben Cherington discussing things with Aceves’ agent.
Aceves tried to do some damage control/clarifying today, telling reporters:
It was just miscommunication. That’s all it was. I apologized for that and now we’re on track.
Imagine how bad everyone’s communication skills must be for “don’t lob the ball to the plate” to result in a “miscommunication.” Anyway, Aceves threw batting practice today without any incidents and Farrell said nice things about him.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)