Feb 20, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Alfredo Aceves refused to throw the ball at anything resembling full speed during his first live batting practice session of spring training Sunday, which resulted in new Red Sox manager John Farrell giving him a talking to and general manager Ben Cherington discussing things with Aceves’ agent.
Aceves tried to do some damage control/clarifying today, telling reporters:
It was just miscommunication. That’s all it was. I apologized for that and now we’re on track.
Imagine how bad everyone’s communication skills must be for “don’t lob the ball to the plate” to result in a “miscommunication.” Anyway, Aceves threw batting practice today without any incidents and Farrell said nice things about him.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 40
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 14
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 70
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger