Feb 20, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Alfredo Aceves refused to throw the ball at anything resembling full speed during his first live batting practice session of spring training Sunday, which resulted in new Red Sox manager John Farrell giving him a talking to and general manager Ben Cherington discussing things with Aceves’ agent.
Aceves tried to do some damage control/clarifying today, telling reporters:
It was just miscommunication. That’s all it was. I apologized for that and now we’re on track.
Imagine how bad everyone’s communication skills must be for “don’t lob the ball to the plate” to result in a “miscommunication.” Anyway, Aceves threw batting practice today without any incidents and Farrell said nice things about him.
- Joey Gallo earns Futures Game MVP honors after leading Team USA to victory 3
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 41
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 32
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 4
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)
- Woman knocked unconscious during fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park (84)