Feb 20, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Alfredo Aceves refused to throw the ball at anything resembling full speed during his first live batting practice session of spring training Sunday, which resulted in new Red Sox manager John Farrell giving him a talking to and general manager Ben Cherington discussing things with Aceves’ agent.
Aceves tried to do some damage control/clarifying today, telling reporters:
It was just miscommunication. That’s all it was. I apologized for that and now we’re on track.
Imagine how bad everyone’s communication skills must be for “don’t lob the ball to the plate” to result in a “miscommunication.” Anyway, Aceves threw batting practice today without any incidents and Farrell said nice things about him.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)