Feb 20, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
There were some issues with Jenrry Mejia‘s age and identity causing him to not get his visa and to be late to Mets camp. Those issues have been resolved, however, as the Mets have announced that Mejia’s age and identity have been confirmed.
Turns out he’s really Saul Birnbaum. He’s 78 years-old and retired to Boca Raton after a quite successful career in the insurance business, if Saul may be so immodest to say.
OK, no. He’s Mejia and he’s the age he said he was. The Birnbaum thing would have been way more interesting, though.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)