Feb 20, 2013, 1:31 PM EDT
There were some issues with Jenrry Mejia‘s age and identity causing him to not get his visa and to be late to Mets camp. Those issues have been resolved, however, as the Mets have announced that Mejia’s age and identity have been confirmed.
Turns out he’s really Saul Birnbaum. He’s 78 years-old and retired to Boca Raton after a quite successful career in the insurance business, if Saul may be so immodest to say.
OK, no. He’s Mejia and he’s the age he said he was. The Birnbaum thing would have been way more interesting, though.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11