Feb 20, 2013, 5:41 PM EDT
New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda has pleaded no contest to driving under the influence. Hillsborough County State Attorney spokesman Mark Cox says Pineda entered the plea Wednesday in a Tampa courtroom.
Pineda was socked with 50 hours of community service, a year’s probation, a $500 fine and DUI school.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)