Feb 20, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all about Jeff Passan’s story at Yahoo! today. Journeyman pitcher Juan Sandoval, blinded in his right eye by buckshot several years ago, is in Tampa Bay Rays camp trying to make the team.
He’s 32 and he’s spent the past couple of years in the Mexican League after failing to find a home in a big league origination, but the Rays are taking a chance on the live-armed reliever.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)