Feb 20, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
The headline pretty much says it all about Jeff Passan’s story at Yahoo! today. Journeyman pitcher Juan Sandoval, blinded in his right eye by buckshot several years ago, is in Tampa Bay Rays camp trying to make the team.
He’s 32 and he’s spent the past couple of years in the Mexican League after failing to find a home in a big league origination, but the Rays are taking a chance on the live-armed reliever.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)