Feb 20, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Sources told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal last week that free agent right-hander Kyle Lohse was “almost certain to sign with a team soon.” But it’s been six whole days and there is no action on that front.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan confirmed on Wednesday evening that the Rangers “have not changed their position on their lack of interest” in Lohse, who has not attracted any offers since hitting the open market because signing him means forking over a draft pick.
Lohse posted an excellent 2.86 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 211 innings (33 starts) last season for the Cardinals but he can probably be had on a one-year deal at this point. The 34-year-old is represented by Scott Boras.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54