Feb 20, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Sources told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal last week that free agent right-hander Kyle Lohse was “almost certain to sign with a team soon.” But it’s been six whole days and there is no action on that front.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan confirmed on Wednesday evening that the Rangers “have not changed their position on their lack of interest” in Lohse, who has not attracted any offers since hitting the open market because signing him means forking over a draft pick.
Lohse posted an excellent 2.86 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 211 innings (33 starts) last season for the Cardinals but he can probably be had on a one-year deal at this point. The 34-year-old is represented by Scott Boras.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 55
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)