Feb 20, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Sources told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal last week that free agent right-hander Kyle Lohse was “almost certain to sign with a team soon.” But it’s been six whole days and there is no action on that front.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan confirmed on Wednesday evening that the Rangers “have not changed their position on their lack of interest” in Lohse, who has not attracted any offers since hitting the open market because signing him means forking over a draft pick.
Lohse posted an excellent 2.86 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 211 innings (33 starts) last season for the Cardinals but he can probably be had on a one-year deal at this point. The 34-year-old is represented by Scott Boras.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 87
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)