Feb 20, 2013, 10:20 PM EDT
Sources told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal last week that free agent right-hander Kyle Lohse was “almost certain to sign with a team soon.” But it’s been six whole days and there is no action on that front.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan confirmed on Wednesday evening that the Rangers “have not changed their position on their lack of interest” in Lohse, who has not attracted any offers since hitting the open market because signing him means forking over a draft pick.
Lohse posted an excellent 2.86 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 211 innings (33 starts) last season for the Cardinals but he can probably be had on a one-year deal at this point. The 34-year-old is represented by Scott Boras.
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 33
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 3
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)