Feb 20, 2013, 10:20 PM EST
Sources told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal last week that free agent right-hander Kyle Lohse was “almost certain to sign with a team soon.” But it’s been six whole days and there is no action on that front.
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan confirmed on Wednesday evening that the Rangers “have not changed their position on their lack of interest” in Lohse, who has not attracted any offers since hitting the open market because signing him means forking over a draft pick.
Lohse posted an excellent 2.86 ERA and 1.09 WHIP in 211 innings (33 starts) last season for the Cardinals but he can probably be had on a one-year deal at this point. The 34-year-old is represented by Scott Boras.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)