Feb 20, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
Reds right-hander Johnny Cueto was hoping to represent his native Dominican Republic in next month’s 2013 World Baseball Classic. But it’s not going to happen:
Reds exercised right to disallow Cueto’s participation in WBC as he finished on DL. Despite his desire to play, he respects their decision.
— Bryce H. Dixon (@brycehdixon) February 20, 2013
That tweet comes from Cueto’s agent, Bryce Dixon, of the Primo Sports Group.
Cueto suffered a minor right oblique strain during his NLDS Game 1 start against the Giants. He has been fully recovered from that injury for several weeks, but the Reds want to keep him in camp all spring.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 54
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)