Feb 20, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Ramon Hernandez getting hurt last season opened the door for Wilin Rosario to become the Rockies’ starting catcher and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com indicates that they’d like to trade Hernandez.
Colorado is also looking for some rotation depth, but it’s hard to imagine being able to get anything for Hernandez aside from some salary relief. He’s owed $3.2 million at age 36 and coming off an injury wrecked season in which he hit .217 with a .601 OPS.
If they can dump Hernandez somewhere the Rockies could turn to Yorvit Torrealba as Rosario’s backup.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 23
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)