Feb 20, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Ramon Hernandez getting hurt last season opened the door for Wilin Rosario to become the Rockies’ starting catcher and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com indicates that they’d like to trade Hernandez.
Colorado is also looking for some rotation depth, but it’s hard to imagine being able to get anything for Hernandez aside from some salary relief. He’s owed $3.2 million at age 36 and coming off an injury wrecked season in which he hit .217 with a .601 OPS.
If they can dump Hernandez somewhere the Rockies could turn to Yorvit Torrealba as Rosario’s backup.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)