Feb 20, 2013, 3:45 PM EDT
Ramon Hernandez getting hurt last season opened the door for Wilin Rosario to become the Rockies’ starting catcher and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com indicates that they’d like to trade Hernandez.
Colorado is also looking for some rotation depth, but it’s hard to imagine being able to get anything for Hernandez aside from some salary relief. He’s owed $3.2 million at age 36 and coming off an injury wrecked season in which he hit .217 with a .601 OPS.
If they can dump Hernandez somewhere the Rockies could turn to Yorvit Torrealba as Rosario’s backup.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)