Feb 20, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Ramon Hernandez getting hurt last season opened the door for Wilin Rosario to become the Rockies’ starting catcher and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com indicates that they’d like to trade Hernandez.
Colorado is also looking for some rotation depth, but it’s hard to imagine being able to get anything for Hernandez aside from some salary relief. He’s owed $3.2 million at age 36 and coming off an injury wrecked season in which he hit .217 with a .601 OPS.
If they can dump Hernandez somewhere the Rockies could turn to Yorvit Torrealba as Rosario’s backup.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (152)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)