Feb 20, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Today the St. Louis Post Dispatch has an article about Furcal’s status under the headline: “Elbow continues to limit Furcal.”
So much for that, I guess.
Derrick Goold writes that Furcal “has yet to let loose a throw at full strength and has been slowed by an irritation in his right elbow.”
Furcal is already saying stuff like “I prefer to miss 10 or 15 games here in spring and not miss the first game of the season.” In other words, his elbow remains a major issue after sitting out September and the playoffs with a torn ligament and later opting for rest and rehab instead of Tommy John surgery.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8