Feb 20, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
Today the St. Louis Post Dispatch has an article about Furcal’s status under the headline: “Elbow continues to limit Furcal.”
So much for that, I guess.
Derrick Goold writes that Furcal “has yet to let loose a throw at full strength and has been slowed by an irritation in his right elbow.”
Furcal is already saying stuff like “I prefer to miss 10 or 15 games here in spring and not miss the first game of the season.” In other words, his elbow remains a major issue after sitting out September and the playoffs with a torn ligament and later opting for rest and rehab instead of Tommy John surgery.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 104
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 32
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (105)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)