Feb 20, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Today the St. Louis Post Dispatch has an article about Furcal’s status under the headline: “Elbow continues to limit Furcal.”
So much for that, I guess.
Derrick Goold writes that Furcal “has yet to let loose a throw at full strength and has been slowed by an irritation in his right elbow.”
Furcal is already saying stuff like “I prefer to miss 10 or 15 games here in spring and not miss the first game of the season.” In other words, his elbow remains a major issue after sitting out September and the playoffs with a torn ligament and later opting for rest and rehab instead of Tommy John surgery.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)