Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Red Sox have just announced that they have acquired Mike Carp from the Mariners in exchange for a player to be named later or cash.
Carp, a left-handed corner guy was DFA’d by the Mariners last week. He’s 26 and has a career line of .255/.327/.413 with 18 homers in 608 plate appearances. I suppose he’d be good to have around as a bench bat or in case Mike Napoli breaks down or can’t handle first base for some reason.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 18
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 79
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)