Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Red Sox have just announced that they have acquired Mike Carp from the Mariners in exchange for a player to be named later or cash.
Carp, a left-handed corner guy was DFA’d by the Mariners last week. He’s 26 and has a career line of .255/.327/.413 with 18 homers in 608 plate appearances. I suppose he’d be good to have around as a bench bat or in case Mike Napoli breaks down or can’t handle first base for some reason.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 9
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (110)