Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Red Sox have just announced that they have acquired Mike Carp from the Mariners in exchange for a player to be named later or cash.
Carp, a left-handed corner guy was DFA’d by the Mariners last week. He’s 26 and has a career line of .255/.327/.413 with 18 homers in 608 plate appearances. I suppose he’d be good to have around as a bench bat or in case Mike Napoli breaks down or can’t handle first base for some reason.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (119)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)