Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The Red Sox have just announced that they have acquired Mike Carp from the Mariners in exchange for a player to be named later or cash.
Carp, a left-handed corner guy was DFA’d by the Mariners last week. He’s 26 and has a career line of .255/.327/.413 with 18 homers in 608 plate appearances. I suppose he’d be good to have around as a bench bat or in case Mike Napoli breaks down or can’t handle first base for some reason.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 21
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)