Alex Rodriguez “conducting two rehab sessions each day”

Feb 21, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT

alex rodriguez getty wide Getty Images

You’ve probably seen the stories suggesting that Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez “is unlikely to ever wear the pinstripes again” due to issues with his surgically-repaired hip or that he’s “scared and paranoid” about how people will react to the Biogenesis stuff. But it’s mostly garbage.

A-Rod said through a spokesman Thursday that he’s rehabbing diligently in New York and looking forward to returning to the Yankees around the middle of the 2013 season. Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger transcribed the short statement:

“Right now I’m dedicating 100% of my energy and focus on my rehabilitation. I am conducting two rehab sessions each and every day in an effort to get back on the field and rejoin my Yankees teammates. I think we have a great team and I want to be a part of it.”

The Yanks signed Kevin Youkilis to a one-year, $12 million free agent contract this offseason to fill in at the hot corner. Rodriguez, 37, batted .272/.353/.430 with 18 homers and 57 RBI in 122 games last summer. He is owed $28 million in 2013, $25 million in 2014, $21 million in 2015, $20 million in 2016 and $20 million in 2017.

1. zacksdad - Feb 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM

And how many HGH shots a day. An HGH shot a day keeps the doctor away.

• protius - Feb 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Zack must be hiding in the back of a closet, shivering.

• pinkfloydprism - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I did not know that “pinch & jab” constituted working out these days.

• fanofevilempire - Feb 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM

with who, the two blondes with the big breastess.

• cebig - Feb 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I would do exactly what he has done if it meant I get that contract.

2. themuddychicken - Feb 21, 2013 at 8:02 PM

$40 million of 3rd basemen. Nice.

Sure I’m oversimplifying, but still. Nice.

• anxovies - Feb 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Simpletons tend to do that.

3. historiophiliac - Feb 21, 2013 at 8:16 PM

My God! Look at that picture! He’s been in Sammy Sosa’s closet! Rowr!

4. allen227 - Feb 21, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Who’s the whore in the back ground? Another get rich quick “woman”….

• guatdajel - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Jesus man, relax. I don’t know what your last girlfriend did to you but you need to get over it.

• aceshigh11 - Feb 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Actually it’s former WWE wrestler and fitness model Torrie Wilson. She’s got money…not A-Rod money, but I’m sure she’s not hurting.

Nice job with the sexist tirade, though.

• mogogo1 - Feb 22, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I was trying to imagine where this pic was shot. He’s dressed to the nines, but she’s wearing a ball cap staring intently at something way off camera. It’s like A-Rod overdressed for the gallery at a golf tournament.

• unclemosesgreen - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Lately you’ve been calling a lot of women “whores” online. You are an ignorant jackhole and wait … let me guess … are you from Texas? Where small minded men with even smaller units wear big hats and big boots and talk big stuff while they’re sitting at home, alone, sweating and typing with 2 fingers. Let me give you a suggestion where you should put those fingers to better use, cowgirl.

• badintent - Feb 22, 2013 at 5:00 PM

right. there are no gold diggers in NY or LA. Then there are those Southern belles that I went to college with “I’m looking for a rich husssssssssssband”.Don’t forget the “DESPERATE Housewifes of America”. Just keep telling your self Texas is the only place that has hoes. Right Even the North Koreas are laughing at you. No, I don’t live in Texas.

5. raysfan1 - Feb 21, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Only mostly garbage?

6. sportsfan69 - Feb 21, 2013 at 10:02 PM

He looks like a gangster. With all the money he’s getting paid, he should be a mobster.

• protius - Feb 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Extending your logic, you should be a crack whore.

7. pisano - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Don’t rush this thing Alex, take your time with the rehab, like about 5+ years, Please!

8. Old Gator - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Two sessions, one with each blonde in the photo.

• badintent - Feb 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Morning sessions with the stripper he picked up at 2:00 am. Afternoon sessions with a Hollywood hoe/starlite/”Up and Coming” actress

9. jeffa43 - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM

What a fraud… complete joke, dude is a circus.

10. ahuophfe - Feb 22, 2013 at 3:49 AM

Reblogged this on bnfblogs.

11. mj1818 - Feb 22, 2013 at 7:23 AM

One for his hip, the other is HGH Anonymous

12. paepae805 - Feb 22, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Again, can someone tell me why he didn’t have the surgery once the season was done? He waited a full 3 months after the season ended to have the surgery. Reports have said the hip was bothering him in the playoffs. Why not get it checked out and operated on sooner than later. This guy is trash. Like an earlier post said, only the Yankees would be paying $40 million for 3rd base.

• zzalapski - Feb 22, 2013 at 10:25 AM

The injury wasn’t fully diagnosed until November, and doctors determined that he should have 4-6 weeks of pre-habilitation to strengthen the hip before having the surgery.

It took me less time to relay that from articles (Google “Alex Rodriguez hip surgery 2012″) than it did for me to get this “Conclusions” mat for you to jump to. You’re welcome.

• anxovies - Feb 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

From your angst over his surgery and your comment about the $40 million, I can safely assume that you are a fan of one of those loser teams that play some bargain-basement hack at 3rd. Actually, Rodriguez’ salary is $28 million, a substantial portion of which the Yankees get back from a share of his endorsements in a Yankee uniform. For their money the Yankees have had over the last 9 years a superior 3rd baseman, at bat, in the field and on the bases, who puts everything he has into every play. If you can muster the mental strength and ethical courage to do it, watch replays of a couple of Yankees games when he was healthy and you will see that Rodriguez never takes a play off, he hustles all of the time, every time. That’s all you can ask for. While you are watching the 3rd baseman from your team muff ground balls because of his beer gut and trickle grounders back to the pitcher this Spring, take comfort in the fact that at least your owner gets to use the money he saved for a new jet to fly himself and his family around to exotic vacation spots to escape the horror of living in a palatial mansion in whatever Tinkertoy town his team plays in. Trash? I think not.

• bmorelikeme - Feb 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM

You seem to overlook that fact that only a handful of teams can afford that type of contract. The way you worded this tirade seems to suggest that the lack of $250M+ around the league is a function of ownership, not economics.

Many teams employ “bargain basement hacks” because teams like the Yankees bid up the cost of premier talent so that the remaining teams have few other options.

13. royhobbs39 - Feb 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM

If he is doing his rehab with Torrie Wilson (the blonde in the background), I may need visual proof of this so-called “rehab”. If not, then I completely trust him..

14. dcrudy - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

They forgot to include the bonus money the Yankees have to pay him for each milestone home run. Love it !

15. buffalomafia - Feb 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM

And the Yankees thought he would beat Bonds record! Yeeeeah riiiiiiight!

• badintent - Feb 23, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Bonds wife left him after his long affair with a stripper came out .Arodless’s wife dumped him after his late night picadillos were all over the front of the NY Post. So they had the same record in the my hoe drives a Rolls Royce department. How quaint.But Alex gets the nod for dumpng Hollywood actress, Hudson, Cameron,/Still trails Jeter in models.

16. mrbiz8505 - Feb 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM

The last sentence is awesome

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3862)