Feb 21, 2013, 4:34 PM EST
I said I was done talking about Mike Piazza’s book, but I lied. NotGraphs’ Robert Baumann flagged a great excerpt involving Rickey Henderson always wanting to vote everyone with any possible connection to the team a full playoff share because “F*ck that! You can change someone’s life!”
There are all kinds of Rickey Henderson anecdotes floating around out there which portray him as vain, clueless or in some cases even dumb. Some of the more famous ones — including not knowing who John Olerud was despite previously being his teammate — are simply made up. Nice to see one — which, unless Piazza got this fact wrong too — that shows him being a standup guy.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4