Feb 21, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
I said I was done talking about Mike Piazza’s book, but I lied. NotGraphs’ Robert Baumann flagged a great excerpt involving Rickey Henderson always wanting to vote everyone with any possible connection to the team a full playoff share because “F*ck that! You can change someone’s life!”
There are all kinds of Rickey Henderson anecdotes floating around out there which portray him as vain, clueless or in some cases even dumb. Some of the more famous ones — including not knowing who John Olerud was despite previously being his teammate — are simply made up. Nice to see one — which, unless Piazza got this fact wrong too — that shows him being a standup guy.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)