Feb 21, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
I said I was done talking about Mike Piazza’s book, but I lied. NotGraphs’ Robert Baumann flagged a great excerpt involving Rickey Henderson always wanting to vote everyone with any possible connection to the team a full playoff share because “F*ck that! You can change someone’s life!”
There are all kinds of Rickey Henderson anecdotes floating around out there which portray him as vain, clueless or in some cases even dumb. Some of the more famous ones — including not knowing who John Olerud was despite previously being his teammate — are simply made up. Nice to see one — which, unless Piazza got this fact wrong too — that shows him being a standup guy.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)