Feb 21, 2013, 4:34 PM EDT
I said I was done talking about Mike Piazza’s book, but I lied. NotGraphs’ Robert Baumann flagged a great excerpt involving Rickey Henderson always wanting to vote everyone with any possible connection to the team a full playoff share because “F*ck that! You can change someone’s life!”
There are all kinds of Rickey Henderson anecdotes floating around out there which portray him as vain, clueless or in some cases even dumb. Some of the more famous ones — including not knowing who John Olerud was despite previously being his teammate — are simply made up. Nice to see one — which, unless Piazza got this fact wrong too — that shows him being a standup guy.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead