Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 PM EST
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the 22-year-old prospect was cleared to throw on flat ground Thursday and could resume mound workouts as early as Friday morning.
“I feel 100 percent,” Miller told Goold. “All good.”
Miller is in a competition with Trevor Rosenthal and Joe Kelly for the final spot in the St. Louis starting rotation. The Houston, Texas native posted a 1.32 ERA and struck out 16 batters over his first 13 2/3 major league innings last season.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)