Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the 22-year-old prospect was cleared to throw on flat ground Thursday and could resume mound workouts as early as Friday morning.
“I feel 100 percent,” Miller told Goold. “All good.”
Miller is in a competition with Trevor Rosenthal and Joe Kelly for the final spot in the St. Louis starting rotation. The Houston, Texas native posted a 1.32 ERA and struck out 16 batters over his first 13 2/3 major league innings last season.
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)