Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the 22-year-old prospect was cleared to throw on flat ground Thursday and could resume mound workouts as early as Friday morning.
“I feel 100 percent,” Miller told Goold. “All good.”
Miller is in a competition with Trevor Rosenthal and Joe Kelly for the final spot in the St. Louis starting rotation. The Houston, Texas native posted a 1.32 ERA and struck out 16 batters over his first 13 2/3 major league innings last season.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)