Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the 22-year-old prospect was cleared to throw on flat ground Thursday and could resume mound workouts as early as Friday morning.
“I feel 100 percent,” Miller told Goold. “All good.”
Miller is in a competition with Trevor Rosenthal and Joe Kelly for the final spot in the St. Louis starting rotation. The Houston, Texas native posted a 1.32 ERA and struck out 16 batters over his first 13 2/3 major league innings last season.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)