Feb 21, 2013, 10:14 PM EDT
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the 22-year-old prospect was cleared to throw on flat ground Thursday and could resume mound workouts as early as Friday morning.
“I feel 100 percent,” Miller told Goold. “All good.”
Miller is in a competition with Trevor Rosenthal and Joe Kelly for the final spot in the St. Louis starting rotation. The Houston, Texas native posted a 1.32 ERA and struck out 16 batters over his first 13 2/3 major league innings last season.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins