Feb 21, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
At least the northeast part of the valley where the Diamondbacks train:
This is DEFINITELY not what a baseball field is supposed to look like during Spring Training twitter.com/CharlesBrewerA…
That’s snow at Salt River Field. The Dbacks’ workouts were pushed to noon today because of it.
I tend to be critical of baseball writers who complain about the weather in Florida and Arizona while most of the rest of us freeze our kiesters off, but I’ll say this much: I arrive in Arizona six days from now. If there is snow there too I’m gonna whine about it a lot.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 0
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 5
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15