Feb 21, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
At least the northeast part of the valley where the Diamondbacks train:
This is DEFINITELY not what a baseball field is supposed to look like during Spring Training twitter.com/CharlesBrewerA…
That’s snow at Salt River Field. The Dbacks’ workouts were pushed to noon today because of it.
I tend to be critical of baseball writers who complain about the weather in Florida and Arizona while most of the rest of us freeze our kiesters off, but I’ll say this much: I arrive in Arizona six days from now. If there is snow there too I’m gonna whine about it a lot.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)