Feb 21, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
At least the northeast part of the valley where the Diamondbacks train:
This is DEFINITELY not what a baseball field is supposed to look like during Spring Training twitter.com/CharlesBrewerA…
That’s snow at Salt River Field. The Dbacks’ workouts were pushed to noon today because of it.
I tend to be critical of baseball writers who complain about the weather in Florida and Arizona while most of the rest of us freeze our kiesters off, but I’ll say this much: I arrive in Arizona six days from now. If there is snow there too I’m gonna whine about it a lot.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)