Feb 21, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reported yesterday that the Rangers “have not changed their position on their lack of interest” in Lohse and the Yankees still aren’t in the mix either, with Joel Sherman of the New York Post writing that general manager Brian Cashman “reiterated yesterday he has no interest.”
Cashman was asked about Lohse because Phil Hughes is out for at least two weeks with a bulging disk in his back. Lohse is the last of the unsigned free agents with draft pick compensation attached and agent Scott Boras got bigger-than-expected deals for Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn, but more or less the only reports about Lohse all offseason have involved teams saying they aren’t interested.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead