Feb 21, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan reported yesterday that the Rangers “have not changed their position on their lack of interest” in Lohse and the Yankees still aren’t in the mix either, with Joel Sherman of the New York Post writing that general manager Brian Cashman “reiterated yesterday he has no interest.”
Cashman was asked about Lohse because Phil Hughes is out for at least two weeks with a bulging disk in his back. Lohse is the last of the unsigned free agents with draft pick compensation attached and agent Scott Boras got bigger-than-expected deals for Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn, but more or less the only reports about Lohse all offseason have involved teams saying they aren’t interested.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)