Feb 22, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
The Bartman play was one-in-a-million. Big, exciting game. Foul ball beyond third base. Cubs fielder poised to catch it and … the fan interferes. What are the odds of that ever happening again?
Actually: not too bad. As they happened almost identically 19 years before.
Al Yellon of Bleed Cubbies Blue has the story and the video evidence. And, unless you’re a Cubs fan who simply can’t bear to think about the Bartman play, you’re gonna want to check it out.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)