Feb 22, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
The Bartman play was one-in-a-million. Big, exciting game. Foul ball beyond third base. Cubs fielder poised to catch it and … the fan interferes. What are the odds of that ever happening again?
Actually: not too bad. As they happened almost identically 19 years before.
Al Yellon of Bleed Cubbies Blue has the story and the video evidence. And, unless you’re a Cubs fan who simply can’t bear to think about the Bartman play, you’re gonna want to check it out.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 27
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)