Feb 22, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
The Bartman play was one-in-a-million. Big, exciting game. Foul ball beyond third base. Cubs fielder poised to catch it and … the fan interferes. What are the odds of that ever happening again?
Actually: not too bad. As they happened almost identically 19 years before.
Al Yellon of Bleed Cubbies Blue has the story and the video evidence. And, unless you’re a Cubs fan who simply can’t bear to think about the Bartman play, you’re gonna want to check it out.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)