Feb 22, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
The Bartman play was one-in-a-million. Big, exciting game. Foul ball beyond third base. Cubs fielder poised to catch it and … the fan interferes. What are the odds of that ever happening again?
Actually: not too bad. As they happened almost identically 19 years before.
Al Yellon of Bleed Cubbies Blue has the story and the video evidence. And, unless you’re a Cubs fan who simply can’t bear to think about the Bartman play, you’re gonna want to check it out.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)