Feb 22, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Sources familiar with the Biogenesis documents say that Gio Gonzalez was not given any banned PEDs at the clinic. Here’s some more for the Gio-is-Clean file:
Gio says MLBPA confirmed to him he passed the blood and urine drug tests he took 2 days after the story broke returned negative. He passed.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) February 22, 2013
As my anti-PED friends like to note, passed tests don’t necessarily mean a player is clean. But it seems like as of now there is nothing anyone has to pin on Gonzalez.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)