Feb 22, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Sources familiar with the Biogenesis documents say that Gio Gonzalez was not given any banned PEDs at the clinic. Here’s some more for the Gio-is-Clean file:
Gio says MLBPA confirmed to him he passed the blood and urine drug tests he took 2 days after the story broke returned negative. He passed.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) February 22, 2013
As my anti-PED friends like to note, passed tests don’t necessarily mean a player is clean. But it seems like as of now there is nothing anyone has to pin on Gonzalez.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)