Feb 22, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Sources familiar with the Biogenesis documents say that Gio Gonzalez was not given any banned PEDs at the clinic. Here’s some more for the Gio-is-Clean file:
Gio says MLBPA confirmed to him he passed the blood and urine drug tests he took 2 days after the story broke returned negative. He passed.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) February 22, 2013
As my anti-PED friends like to note, passed tests don’t necessarily mean a player is clean. But it seems like as of now there is nothing anyone has to pin on Gonzalez.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 9
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 70
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 42
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 39
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)