Feb 22, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Sources familiar with the Biogenesis documents say that Gio Gonzalez was not given any banned PEDs at the clinic. Here’s some more for the Gio-is-Clean file:
Gio says MLBPA confirmed to him he passed the blood and urine drug tests he took 2 days after the story broke returned negative. He passed.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) February 22, 2013
As my anti-PED friends like to note, passed tests don’t necessarily mean a player is clean. But it seems like as of now there is nothing anyone has to pin on Gonzalez.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?