Feb 22, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Pfft. Typical east coast bias:
Jay-Z all but confirmed the news on his website last night, but now it’s official: The legendary rapper will team up with pop superstar Justin Timberlake this summer for what is being called the Legends of the Summer Tour.
The 12-date outing hits various stadiums across North America, beginning July 17th in Toronto and concluding August 16th in Miami. Also on the docket are performances at New York City’s Yankee Stadium, Chicago’s Soldier Field, Los Angeles’ Rose Bowl, and Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Yankee Stadium show is July 19, which is the first Friday after the All-Star break and the beginning of a seven game road trip for the Bombers. Fenway is August 10. That’s in the middle of a ten-game road trip for the Sox, from which they return on August 16th. So in neither case should there be any interference with the baseball.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)