Feb 22, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Pfft. Typical east coast bias:
Jay-Z all but confirmed the news on his website last night, but now it’s official: The legendary rapper will team up with pop superstar Justin Timberlake this summer for what is being called the Legends of the Summer Tour.
The 12-date outing hits various stadiums across North America, beginning July 17th in Toronto and concluding August 16th in Miami. Also on the docket are performances at New York City’s Yankee Stadium, Chicago’s Soldier Field, Los Angeles’ Rose Bowl, and Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Yankee Stadium show is July 19, which is the first Friday after the All-Star break and the beginning of a seven game road trip for the Bombers. Fenway is August 10. That’s in the middle of a ten-game road trip for the Sox, from which they return on August 16th. So in neither case should there be any interference with the baseball.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (221)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)