Feb 22, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
Pfft. Typical east coast bias:
Jay-Z all but confirmed the news on his website last night, but now it’s official: The legendary rapper will team up with pop superstar Justin Timberlake this summer for what is being called the Legends of the Summer Tour.
The 12-date outing hits various stadiums across North America, beginning July 17th in Toronto and concluding August 16th in Miami. Also on the docket are performances at New York City’s Yankee Stadium, Chicago’s Soldier Field, Los Angeles’ Rose Bowl, and Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Yankee Stadium show is July 19, which is the first Friday after the All-Star break and the beginning of a seven game road trip for the Bombers. Fenway is August 10. That’s in the middle of a ten-game road trip for the Sox, from which they return on August 16th. So in neither case should there be any interference with the baseball.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)