Feb 22, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Pfft. Typical east coast bias:
Jay-Z all but confirmed the news on his website last night, but now it’s official: The legendary rapper will team up with pop superstar Justin Timberlake this summer for what is being called the Legends of the Summer Tour.
The 12-date outing hits various stadiums across North America, beginning July 17th in Toronto and concluding August 16th in Miami. Also on the docket are performances at New York City’s Yankee Stadium, Chicago’s Soldier Field, Los Angeles’ Rose Bowl, and Boston’s Fenway Park.
The Yankee Stadium show is July 19, which is the first Friday after the All-Star break and the beginning of a seven game road trip for the Bombers. Fenway is August 10. That’s in the middle of a ten-game road trip for the Sox, from which they return on August 16th. So in neither case should there be any interference with the baseball.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights