Feb 22, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Since this site has become MarriageTalk today I might as well do a post about this story too.
Machado and Alonso both went to high school in Miami and Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun writes that Machado and Alonso’s sister “were brought together by the baseball connection with her brother, but it’s also the result of the close-knit nature of the sports community in Miami.”
Sure, but do they follow each other on Twitter?
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)