Feb 22, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
Michael Phelps joined the Baltimore Orioles for batting practice yesterday. I love that Buck Showalter gave him crap:
“It’s been a long time since I swung a bat,” Phelps said before walking into the cage.
A few minutes before he starting swinging, manager Buck Showalter came over to greet him and clearly had no sympathy for Phelps.
“I haven’t been in a pool for 30 years, but I’m not drowning,” Showalter joked.
Video below. Gonna go out on a limb and say that his swing is too long for him to be successful.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 37
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 11
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 29
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)