Feb 22, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
Michael Phelps joined the Baltimore Orioles for batting practice yesterday. I love that Buck Showalter gave him crap:
“It’s been a long time since I swung a bat,” Phelps said before walking into the cage.
A few minutes before he starting swinging, manager Buck Showalter came over to greet him and clearly had no sympathy for Phelps.
“I haven’t been in a pool for 30 years, but I’m not drowning,” Showalter joked.
Video below. Gonna go out on a limb and say that his swing is too long for him to be successful.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)