Feb 22, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
Michael Phelps joined the Baltimore Orioles for batting practice yesterday. I love that Buck Showalter gave him crap:
“It’s been a long time since I swung a bat,” Phelps said before walking into the cage.
A few minutes before he starting swinging, manager Buck Showalter came over to greet him and clearly had no sympathy for Phelps.
“I haven’t been in a pool for 30 years, but I’m not drowning,” Showalter joked.
Video below. Gonna go out on a limb and say that his swing is too long for him to be successful.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)