Feb 22, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
Michael Phelps joined the Baltimore Orioles for batting practice yesterday. I love that Buck Showalter gave him crap:
“It’s been a long time since I swung a bat,” Phelps said before walking into the cage.
A few minutes before he starting swinging, manager Buck Showalter came over to greet him and clearly had no sympathy for Phelps.
“I haven’t been in a pool for 30 years, but I’m not drowning,” Showalter joked.
Video below. Gonna go out on a limb and say that his swing is too long for him to be successful.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)