Feb 22, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Johan Santana was supposed to make his first spring start by March 2, but today the team said that Santana is behind schedule in his throwing program. It is said to be a “conditioning issue” not a “structural” issue. Which means his arm is not hurt, it’s just not ready yet.
The team says that he would still be on schedule for Opening Day as long as he makes his first spring start my March 10, so at the moment this shouldn’t have a huge effect. Just something to watch.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 16
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8