Feb 22, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Johan Santana was supposed to make his first spring start by March 2, but today the team said that Santana is behind schedule in his throwing program. It is said to be a “conditioning issue” not a “structural” issue. Which means his arm is not hurt, it’s just not ready yet.
The team says that he would still be on schedule for Opening Day as long as he makes his first spring start my March 10, so at the moment this shouldn’t have a huge effect. Just something to watch.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 108
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (110)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)