Feb 22, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Johan Santana was supposed to make his first spring start by March 2, but today the team said that Santana is behind schedule in his throwing program. It is said to be a “conditioning issue” not a “structural” issue. Which means his arm is not hurt, it’s just not ready yet.
The team says that he would still be on schedule for Opening Day as long as he makes his first spring start my March 10, so at the moment this shouldn’t have a huge effect. Just something to watch.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)