Feb 22, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Johan Santana was supposed to make his first spring start by March 2, but today the team said that Santana is behind schedule in his throwing program. It is said to be a “conditioning issue” not a “structural” issue. Which means his arm is not hurt, it’s just not ready yet.
The team says that he would still be on schedule for Opening Day as long as he makes his first spring start my March 10, so at the moment this shouldn’t have a huge effect. Just something to watch.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)