Feb 22, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Johan Santana was supposed to make his first spring start by March 2, but today the team said that Santana is behind schedule in his throwing program. It is said to be a “conditioning issue” not a “structural” issue. Which means his arm is not hurt, it’s just not ready yet.
The team says that he would still be on schedule for Opening Day as long as he makes his first spring start my March 10, so at the moment this shouldn’t have a huge effect. Just something to watch.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (268)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)