Feb 22, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Craig Robinson — in addition to being tastefully named and wearing very cool Shuron horned-rim glasses like all the other cool Craigs wear — is a genius. I’ve long enjoyed his work at Flip Flop Fly Ball, but his latest project may be my favorite yet: Lego figures of 1970s-80s baseball greats.
Craig lives in Mexico and doesn’t have the full panoply of Lego colors available to him that he might have here, but he’s done a fantastic job with Fernando Valenzuela, Andre Dawson, Pete Rose, Mark Fidrych, Randy Johnson, Barry Bonds and Dennis Eckserlsey. I think Fidrych is my favorite so far.
Only sad part: because Legos are expensive and he has a limited supply, he has to take each figure apart before building the next one. Which is preventing me from offering him my children’s college funds in exchange for the collection.
- The beauty of belief 10
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 30
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)