Feb 22, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Craig Robinson — in addition to being tastefully named and wearing very cool Shuron horned-rim glasses like all the other cool Craigs wear — is a genius. I’ve long enjoyed his work at Flip Flop Fly Ball, but his latest project may be my favorite yet: Lego figures of 1970s-80s baseball greats.
Craig lives in Mexico and doesn’t have the full panoply of Lego colors available to him that he might have here, but he’s done a fantastic job with Fernando Valenzuela, Andre Dawson, Pete Rose, Mark Fidrych, Randy Johnson, Barry Bonds and Dennis Eckserlsey. I think Fidrych is my favorite so far.
Only sad part: because Legos are expensive and he has a limited supply, he has to take each figure apart before building the next one. Which is preventing me from offering him my children’s college funds in exchange for the collection.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)