Feb 22, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT
Craig Robinson — in addition to being tastefully named and wearing very cool Shuron horned-rim glasses like all the other cool Craigs wear — is a genius. I’ve long enjoyed his work at Flip Flop Fly Ball, but his latest project may be my favorite yet: Lego figures of 1970s-80s baseball greats.
Craig lives in Mexico and doesn’t have the full panoply of Lego colors available to him that he might have here, but he’s done a fantastic job with Fernando Valenzuela, Andre Dawson, Pete Rose, Mark Fidrych, Randy Johnson, Barry Bonds and Dennis Eckserlsey. I think Fidrych is my favorite so far.
Only sad part: because Legos are expensive and he has a limited supply, he has to take each figure apart before building the next one. Which is preventing me from offering him my children’s college funds in exchange for the collection.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)