Feb 22, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Craig Robinson — in addition to being tastefully named and wearing very cool Shuron horned-rim glasses like all the other cool Craigs wear — is a genius. I’ve long enjoyed his work at Flip Flop Fly Ball, but his latest project may be my favorite yet: Lego figures of 1970s-80s baseball greats.
Craig lives in Mexico and doesn’t have the full panoply of Lego colors available to him that he might have here, but he’s done a fantastic job with Fernando Valenzuela, Andre Dawson, Pete Rose, Mark Fidrych, Randy Johnson, Barry Bonds and Dennis Eckserlsey. I think Fidrych is my favorite so far.
Only sad part: because Legos are expensive and he has a limited supply, he has to take each figure apart before building the next one. Which is preventing me from offering him my children’s college funds in exchange for the collection.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 9
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 29
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)