You want to see some cool Lego figures of 70s and 80s baseball players

Feb 22, 2013, 10:31 AM EDT

Legos

Craig Robinson — in addition to being tastefully named and wearing very cool Shuron horned-rim glasses like all the other cool Craigs wear — is a genius. I’ve long enjoyed his work at Flip Flop Fly Ball, but his latest project may be my favorite yet: Lego figures of 1970s-80s baseball greats.

Craig lives in Mexico and doesn’t have the full panoply of Lego colors available to him that he might have here, but he’s done a fantastic job with Fernando Valenzuela, Andre Dawson, Pete Rose, Mark Fidrych, Randy Johnson, Barry Bonds and Dennis Eckserlsey. I think Fidrych is my favorite so far.

Only sad part: because Legos are expensive and he has a limited supply, he has to take each figure apart before building the next one. Which is preventing me from offering him my children’s college funds in exchange for the collection.

1. The Dangerous Mabry - Feb 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I love this project, but I still say his Randy Johnson looks more like Dottie Hinson.

2. tycobb420 - Feb 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Brilliant!

3. Old Gator - Feb 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

These figures deserve to be enshrined in LegoLand.

Along with a lego model of Macondo Banana Massacre Field in the world cities section.

It just kills me that they came up with the idea for LegoLand so many years after I stopped taking acid and mescaline. Ah well. I still have my hallucinations of Disneyland to comfort me in my second childhood.

4. albertmn - Feb 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM

The head on the Barry Bonds should have been bigger.

• Old Gator - Feb 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM

So should the balls.

5. cur68 - Feb 22, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I heart Lego. Don’t judge me.

• Old Gator - Feb 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Gowachin guilty!

6. kopy - Feb 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM

It’s pretty neat, but it’d be even neater if it was the Craig Robinson that plays Darryl on The Office (U.S.)

7. El Bravo - Feb 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

legoes and baseball….im gonna cry.

• jwbiii - Feb 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Yeah, I miss Bat Grrrl too.

And Sergio Romo still looks illegal.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5582)