Feb 23, 2013, 3:38 PM EST
The Giants exercised their 2014 options on general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy in December following the club’s World Series title, but the duo could soon be locked up for even longer.
According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, Giants president Larry Baer said this morning that he continues to talk with Sabean and Bochy about extending their contracts. The specifics of the negotiations aren’t known, but Baer said that the extensions would be for more than one year.
Sabean, currently MLB’s longest tenured general manager, has been at the helm with San Francisco since the end of 1996. Bochy has a 503-469 (.517) record over six seasons since taking over as Giants’ skipper. The club has won the World Series in two out of the last three seasons.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)