Feb 23, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
The Giants exercised their 2014 options on general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy in December following the club’s World Series title, but the duo could soon be locked up for even longer.
According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, Giants president Larry Baer said this morning that he continues to talk with Sabean and Bochy about extending their contracts. The specifics of the negotiations aren’t known, but Baer said that the extensions would be for more than one year.
Sabean, currently MLB’s longest tenured general manager, has been at the helm with San Francisco since the end of 1996. Bochy has a 503-469 (.517) record over six seasons since taking over as Giants’ skipper. The club has won the World Series in two out of the last three seasons.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)