Feb 23, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
The Giants exercised their 2014 options on general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy in December following the club’s World Series title, but the duo could soon be locked up for even longer.
According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, Giants president Larry Baer said this morning that he continues to talk with Sabean and Bochy about extending their contracts. The specifics of the negotiations aren’t known, but Baer said that the extensions would be for more than one year.
Sabean, currently MLB’s longest tenured general manager, has been at the helm with San Francisco since the end of 1996. Bochy has a 503-469 (.517) record over six seasons since taking over as Giants’ skipper. The club has won the World Series in two out of the last three seasons.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 50
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)