Feb 23, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
The Giants exercised their 2014 options on general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy in December following the club’s World Series title, but the duo could soon be locked up for even longer.
According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, Giants president Larry Baer said this morning that he continues to talk with Sabean and Bochy about extending their contracts. The specifics of the negotiations aren’t known, but Baer said that the extensions would be for more than one year.
Sabean, currently MLB’s longest tenured general manager, has been at the helm with San Francisco since the end of 1996. Bochy has a 503-469 (.517) record over six seasons since taking over as Giants’ skipper. The club has won the World Series in two out of the last three seasons.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)