Feb 23, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
The Giants exercised their 2014 options on general manager Brian Sabean and manager Bruce Bochy in December following the club’s World Series title, but the duo could soon be locked up for even longer.
According to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle, Giants president Larry Baer said this morning that he continues to talk with Sabean and Bochy about extending their contracts. The specifics of the negotiations aren’t known, but Baer said that the extensions would be for more than one year.
Sabean, currently MLB’s longest tenured general manager, has been at the helm with San Francisco since the end of 1996. Bochy has a 503-469 (.517) record over six seasons since taking over as Giants’ skipper. The club has won the World Series in two out of the last three seasons.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 30
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 9
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 40
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 59
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save