Feb 23, 2013, 6:43 PM EST
Rafael Furcal‘s status is not getting any rosier.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the veteran shortstop had to be given an anti-inflammatory injection Friday in Cardinals camp due to lingering pain in his right (throwing) elbow.
The shot will keep Furcal from non-hitting drills for the next couple of days and will probably push his Grapefruit League debut back at least one week.
Furcal tore a ligament in his right elbow last August during a game against the Nationals and was unable to return to action. And now he is questionable to be ready for the opening of the 2013 regular season.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)