Feb 23, 2013, 6:43 PM EST
Rafael Furcal‘s status is not getting any rosier.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the veteran shortstop had to be given an anti-inflammatory injection Friday in Cardinals camp due to lingering pain in his right (throwing) elbow.
The shot will keep Furcal from non-hitting drills for the next couple of days and will probably push his Grapefruit League debut back at least one week.
Furcal tore a ligament in his right elbow last August during a game against the Nationals and was unable to return to action. And now he is questionable to be ready for the opening of the 2013 regular season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)