Feb 23, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Rafael Furcal‘s status is not getting any rosier.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the veteran shortstop had to be given an anti-inflammatory injection Friday in Cardinals camp due to lingering pain in his right (throwing) elbow.
The shot will keep Furcal from non-hitting drills for the next couple of days and will probably push his Grapefruit League debut back at least one week.
Furcal tore a ligament in his right elbow last August during a game against the Nationals and was unable to return to action. And now he is questionable to be ready for the opening of the 2013 regular season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 16
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)