Feb 23, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Rafael Furcal‘s status is not getting any rosier.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the veteran shortstop had to be given an anti-inflammatory injection Friday in Cardinals camp due to lingering pain in his right (throwing) elbow.
The shot will keep Furcal from non-hitting drills for the next couple of days and will probably push his Grapefruit League debut back at least one week.
Furcal tore a ligament in his right elbow last August during a game against the Nationals and was unable to return to action. And now he is questionable to be ready for the opening of the 2013 regular season.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)