Feb 25, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Lars Anderson is now with his fourth organization in the past six months, as the Blue Jays claimed the former top prospect off waivers from the White Sox.
Previously he was traded from the Red Sox to the Indians in July, got sent to the Diamondbacks in the three-team Shin-Soo Choo/Trevor Bauer deal, and then got claimed off waivers by the White Sox three weeks ago.
Anderson cracked Baseball America‘s annual top-100 prospects list three times, including No. 17 overall in 2009, but he’s hit just .260 with a .415 slugging percentage in 533 games between Double-A and Triple-A. He has good on-base skills, but at age 25 he needs to show significantly more power to have any sort of big-league future at first base.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)