Feb 25, 2013, 6:39 AM EDT
Hi Oscars… I’m John Axford… And I just dominated you! 14 out of 15!
— John Axford (@JohnAxford) February 25, 2013
I know. Whatever. But how a relief pitcher did in his Oscar pool is what’s passing for baseball news at the moment. Indeed, my entire Twitter feed, baseball newsmakers included, is nothing but Oscars going back to about 7 PM last night.
I imagine a lot of you cared about the Oscars too — or spent far more conspicuous effort claiming to not care about it — so consider this your post-Oscars movie thread. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. I’ll give you a topic:
Agree or Disagree: James Gammon not winning Best Supporting Actor for his turn as Lou Brown in “Major League” was the biggest Oscar snub in history.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)