Feb 25, 2013, 6:39 AM EDT
Hi Oscars… I’m John Axford… And I just dominated you! 14 out of 15!
— John Axford (@JohnAxford) February 25, 2013
I know. Whatever. But how a relief pitcher did in his Oscar pool is what’s passing for baseball news at the moment. Indeed, my entire Twitter feed, baseball newsmakers included, is nothing but Oscars going back to about 7 PM last night.
I imagine a lot of you cared about the Oscars too — or spent far more conspicuous effort claiming to not care about it — so consider this your post-Oscars movie thread. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. I’ll give you a topic:
Agree or Disagree: James Gammon not winning Best Supporting Actor for his turn as Lou Brown in “Major League” was the biggest Oscar snub in history.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)