Feb 25, 2013, 6:39 AM EDT
Hi Oscars… I’m John Axford… And I just dominated you! 14 out of 15!
— John Axford (@JohnAxford) February 25, 2013
I know. Whatever. But how a relief pitcher did in his Oscar pool is what’s passing for baseball news at the moment. Indeed, my entire Twitter feed, baseball newsmakers included, is nothing but Oscars going back to about 7 PM last night.
I imagine a lot of you cared about the Oscars too — or spent far more conspicuous effort claiming to not care about it — so consider this your post-Oscars movie thread. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves. I’ll give you a topic:
Agree or Disagree: James Gammon not winning Best Supporting Actor for his turn as Lou Brown in “Major League” was the biggest Oscar snub in history.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)