Feb 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Damon appeared on Michael Kay’s radio show today and said, among other things, that he has “tons of interest” in rejoining the Yankees. He also admitted that it’s unlikely.
Damon says he’d be willing to play for the minimum salary and then exit gracefully if the Yankees decided to part ways once Granderson gets healthy, although even then it’s probably a long shot that they’d be interested after he hit just .222 with a .610 OPS in 64 games for the Indians.
UPDATE: As expected, general manager Brian Cashman ain’t interested. “We will focus on what we have at this time.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming