Feb 25, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Damon appeared on Michael Kay’s radio show today and said, among other things, that he has “tons of interest” in rejoining the Yankees. He also admitted that it’s unlikely.
Damon says he’d be willing to play for the minimum salary and then exit gracefully if the Yankees decided to part ways once Granderson gets healthy, although even then it’s probably a long shot that they’d be interested after he hit just .222 with a .610 OPS in 64 games for the Indians.
UPDATE: As expected, general manager Brian Cashman ain’t interested. “We will focus on what we have at this time.”
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 95
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)