Feb 25, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Kyle McClellan, who was hoping to come back from shoulder surgery and win a spot on the Rangers as a fifth starter or long reliever, has been shut down with more shoulder problems.
Ron Matejko of ESPN Dallas reports that McClellan had to cut short Sunday’s bullpen session, but the right-hander seems optimistic that it’s a minor setback.
“You know pain and you know if it’s something structural, but this is just one of the muscles,” McClellan said. “I can put my finger right on it and feel it.”
When healthy McClellan posted a 3.69 ERA in 378 innings for the Cardinals, but his health being in question is why he was available to the Rangers on a minor-league deal.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)