Feb 25, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Mark Hamburger, who was released by the Astros last week, has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for a “drug of abuse.”
Hamburger came up through the Twins’ farm system before being traded to the Rangers in mid-2008 for Eddie Guardado. He appeared in five games for the Rangers in 2011, but the right-handed reliever has bounced around since then and spent last season getting knocked around at Triple-A for three different teams.
A two-month suspension looming could make it tough for Hamburger to find a new organization at age 26.
Note: I’m going to let everyone make their own name-related jokes here, so don’t take my lack of an attempt as a sign I don’t recognize the endless possibilities.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)