Feb 25, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
This story about Pablo Sandoval’s struggle with his weight is not a repeat from two weeks ago, 2012, 2011, 2010 …
Late last week, Bochy told Sandoval he would bench him if the Panda didn’t tip the scales at a certain weight by Saturday’s Cactus League opener. “To his credit, he did,” Bochy said. “Although to be honest, I’m not sure how.”
My guess: some variation of the old reliable “one kid on another kid’s shoulders, both covered up by a trench coat” routine. Works every time.
I’m gonna be in Scottsdale to visit the Giants on Thursday. While I’m there I’ll give you my annual “Pablo Sandoval without his shirt on” report.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)