Feb 25, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
This story about Pablo Sandoval’s struggle with his weight is not a repeat from two weeks ago, 2012, 2011, 2010 …
Late last week, Bochy told Sandoval he would bench him if the Panda didn’t tip the scales at a certain weight by Saturday’s Cactus League opener. “To his credit, he did,” Bochy said. “Although to be honest, I’m not sure how.”
My guess: some variation of the old reliable “one kid on another kid’s shoulders, both covered up by a trench coat” routine. Works every time.
I’m gonna be in Scottsdale to visit the Giants on Thursday. While I’m there I’ll give you my annual “Pablo Sandoval without his shirt on” report.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)