Feb 25, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
A week ago I did a post about which towns are baseball towns, which are football towns, etc. It was a fun topic to write about and it definitely got you guys talking. It got Joe Posnanski thinking too. Yesterday he wrote a city-by-city response to my post.
As a guy who, unlike me, actually travels to other cities to cover sports often, I’m gonna grant that he has some superior insight to mine. He also joins what I felt to be the strong majority of you who corrected my impression of Detroit, saying it really is a Lions town. Upon reflection I can’t disagree. Given how well-supported they are despite how frequently they have sucked in the past, well, all decades, there has to be something to that.
Anyway, good read, as always.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)