Feb 25, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
A week ago I did a post about which towns are baseball towns, which are football towns, etc. It was a fun topic to write about and it definitely got you guys talking. It got Joe Posnanski thinking too. Yesterday he wrote a city-by-city response to my post.
As a guy who, unlike me, actually travels to other cities to cover sports often, I’m gonna grant that he has some superior insight to mine. He also joins what I felt to be the strong majority of you who corrected my impression of Detroit, saying it really is a Lions town. Upon reflection I can’t disagree. Given how well-supported they are despite how frequently they have sucked in the past, well, all decades, there has to be something to that.
Anyway, good read, as always.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)