Feb 25, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
This afternoon the Dodgers are playing their first televised game of the year against the Cubs. Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times notes that zero projected starters will be in the lineup, but that’s sort of underselling things a bit.
Juan Uribe, who’s hit .199 in two seasons for the Dodgers and may get released despite being owed $8 million, is starting at first base and batting cleanup. Seriously.
Just a little something to remember next time anyone tries to act like spring training games mean something.
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 40
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 9
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 14
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)