Feb 25, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
This afternoon the Dodgers are playing their first televised game of the year against the Cubs. Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times notes that zero projected starters will be in the lineup, but that’s sort of underselling things a bit.
Juan Uribe, who’s hit .199 in two seasons for the Dodgers and may get released despite being owed $8 million, is starting at first base and batting cleanup. Seriously.
Just a little something to remember next time anyone tries to act like spring training games mean something.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)