Feb 25, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
This afternoon the Dodgers are playing their first televised game of the year against the Cubs. Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times notes that zero projected starters will be in the lineup, but that’s sort of underselling things a bit.
Juan Uribe, who’s hit .199 in two seasons for the Dodgers and may get released despite being owed $8 million, is starting at first base and batting cleanup. Seriously.
Just a little something to remember next time anyone tries to act like spring training games mean something.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 9
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 23
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 14
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)