Feb 25, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
This afternoon the Dodgers are playing their first televised game of the year against the Cubs. Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times notes that zero projected starters will be in the lineup, but that’s sort of underselling things a bit.
Juan Uribe, who’s hit .199 in two seasons for the Dodgers and may get released despite being owed $8 million, is starting at first base and batting cleanup. Seriously.
Just a little something to remember next time anyone tries to act like spring training games mean something.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)