Feb 26, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
There have been some rumors about the Cardinals being interested in Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, so in following up on that Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch dropped an interesting tidbit into his live chat on the newspaper’s website today:
The Tulowitzki rumblings this morning are ripple effects from the winter meetings where the Cardinals, through the course of mapping the shortstop terrain for the coming season and winter, took the Colorado Rockies temperature regarding their franchise cornerstone. The dots are difficult not to connect. The Cardinals did it months ago.
Goold noted that Tulowitzki is owed a ton of money and the Rockies have a good shortstop prospect in Trevor Story, but it sounds like there isn’t a ton of fire behind the smoke. For now at least.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)