Feb 26, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
There have been some rumors about the Cardinals being interested in Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, so in following up on that Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch dropped an interesting tidbit into his live chat on the newspaper’s website today:
The Tulowitzki rumblings this morning are ripple effects from the winter meetings where the Cardinals, through the course of mapping the shortstop terrain for the coming season and winter, took the Colorado Rockies temperature regarding their franchise cornerstone. The dots are difficult not to connect. The Cardinals did it months ago.
Goold noted that Tulowitzki is owed a ton of money and the Rockies have a good shortstop prospect in Trevor Story, but it sounds like there isn’t a ton of fire behind the smoke. For now at least.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)