Feb 26, 2013, 2:48 PM EDT
There have been some rumors about the Cardinals being interested in Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, so in following up on that Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch dropped an interesting tidbit into his live chat on the newspaper’s website today:
The Tulowitzki rumblings this morning are ripple effects from the winter meetings where the Cardinals, through the course of mapping the shortstop terrain for the coming season and winter, took the Colorado Rockies temperature regarding their franchise cornerstone. The dots are difficult not to connect. The Cardinals did it months ago.
Goold noted that Tulowitzki is owed a ton of money and the Rockies have a good shortstop prospect in Trevor Story, but it sounds like there isn’t a ton of fire behind the smoke. For now at least.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 21
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 12
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut