Feb 26, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
There have been some rumors about the Cardinals being interested in Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, so in following up on that Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch dropped an interesting tidbit into his live chat on the newspaper’s website today:
The Tulowitzki rumblings this morning are ripple effects from the winter meetings where the Cardinals, through the course of mapping the shortstop terrain for the coming season and winter, took the Colorado Rockies temperature regarding their franchise cornerstone. The dots are difficult not to connect. The Cardinals did it months ago.
Goold noted that Tulowitzki is owed a ton of money and the Rockies have a good shortstop prospect in Trevor Story, but it sounds like there isn’t a ton of fire behind the smoke. For now at least.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)