Feb 26, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Johnny Damon said yesterday that he’d like the Yankees to give him a call as a short-term replacement for the injured Curtis Granderson. Brian Cashman said almost immediately that it wasn’t in the plans and today the general manager followed up by ruling it out completely:
I love Johnny Damon, he was an awesome Yankee when we had him. But that was a while ago. It’s not something we’re going to pursue.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect