Feb 26, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Johnny Damon said yesterday that he’d like the Yankees to give him a call as a short-term replacement for the injured Curtis Granderson. Brian Cashman said almost immediately that it wasn’t in the plans and today the general manager followed up by ruling it out completely:
I love Johnny Damon, he was an awesome Yankee when we had him. But that was a while ago. It’s not something we’re going to pursue.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)