Feb 26, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
According to Rojas he has “a verbal agreement” to sign with the EDA Rhinos of the Chinese Professional League, but the deal will only become official if Ramirez is unable to land an MLB job before March 7.
And since that’s not going to happen, it’s basically official. Rojas notes that top players in the CPL typically earn around $12,000 per month, so Ramirez obviously isn’t doing it for the money considering he’s made more than $200 million.
At age 40 he wants to keep playing and Ramirez hit well in the Dominican winter league, but no MLB teams would give him an opportunity.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 108
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (110)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)