Feb 26, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
According to Rojas he has “a verbal agreement” to sign with the EDA Rhinos of the Chinese Professional League, but the deal will only become official if Ramirez is unable to land an MLB job before March 7.
And since that’s not going to happen, it’s basically official. Rojas notes that top players in the CPL typically earn around $12,000 per month, so Ramirez obviously isn’t doing it for the money considering he’s made more than $200 million.
At age 40 he wants to keep playing and Ramirez hit well in the Dominican winter league, but no MLB teams would give him an opportunity.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 50
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 27
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)