Feb 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
That probably wasn’t very fun, but manager Terry Francona told Bud Shaw of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he initially thought Brantley’s injury was much worse: “When he was coming off the field, his batting glove was kind of hanging and I thought his finger was pointing in the wrong direction.”
UPDATE: Initially the Indians didn’t expect Brantley to miss much time, but now they’re saying he’s likely to be out for at least 10 days.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (75)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (72)