Feb 26, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
That probably wasn’t very fun, but manager Terry Francona told Bud Shaw of the Cleveland Plain Dealer that he initially thought Brantley’s injury was much worse: “When he was coming off the field, his batting glove was kind of hanging and I thought his finger was pointing in the wrong direction.”
UPDATE: Initially the Indians didn’t expect Brantley to miss much time, but now they’re saying he’s likely to be out for at least 10 days.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59