Feb 26, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Gyorko slugged a pinch-hit solo home run on Tuesday afternoon in the Friars’ 7-5 defeat of the Reds and now has three homers and nine total RBI through just four Cactus League games. Fosythe, meanwhile, is 0-for-6 with no walks and a strikeout.
Gyorko has played primarily at third base over the course of his minor league career, but the Padres love his bat and believe he is athletic enough to handle second. Chase Headley obviously deserves to have the hot corner all to himself in San Diego.
Gyorko, 24, hit .311/.373/.547 with 30 home runs and 100 RBI in 126 games last season between Double-A and Triple-A. Forsythe, 26, batted .273/.343/.390 with six home runs and 26 RBI over 91 games in the majors.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)