Feb 26, 2013, 9:27 PM EDT
Gyorko slugged a pinch-hit solo home run on Tuesday afternoon in the Friars’ 7-5 defeat of the Reds and now has three homers and nine total RBI through just four Cactus League games. Fosythe, meanwhile, is 0-for-6 with no walks and a strikeout.
Gyorko has played primarily at third base over the course of his minor league career, but the Padres love his bat and believe he is athletic enough to handle second. Chase Headley obviously deserves to have the hot corner all to himself in San Diego.
Gyorko, 24, hit .311/.373/.547 with 30 home runs and 100 RBI in 126 games last season between Double-A and Triple-A. Forsythe, 26, batted .273/.343/.390 with six home runs and 26 RBI over 91 games in the majors.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)