Feb 26, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Josh, that is:
Pettitte’s son Josh, a senior pitcher at Deer Park (Texas) High School, threw a no-hitter on Friday night against perennial Lone Star State powerhouse Boerne Champion HS, striking out 10 and walking just one to fall ever-so-short of a perfect game.
Best part, though: click through to that article and look at the pic of the young Pettitte alongside the sons of Roger Clemens and Craig Biggio. It’s rather spooky just how much they look like their dads. And just how old it makes me feel for players of that generation to have kids that age.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)