Feb 26, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Josh, that is:
Pettitte’s son Josh, a senior pitcher at Deer Park (Texas) High School, threw a no-hitter on Friday night against perennial Lone Star State powerhouse Boerne Champion HS, striking out 10 and walking just one to fall ever-so-short of a perfect game.
Best part, though: click through to that article and look at the pic of the young Pettitte alongside the sons of Roger Clemens and Craig Biggio. It’s rather spooky just how much they look like their dads. And just how old it makes me feel for players of that generation to have kids that age.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)