Feb 26, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Josh, that is:
Pettitte’s son Josh, a senior pitcher at Deer Park (Texas) High School, threw a no-hitter on Friday night against perennial Lone Star State powerhouse Boerne Champion HS, striking out 10 and walking just one to fall ever-so-short of a perfect game.
Best part, though: click through to that article and look at the pic of the young Pettitte alongside the sons of Roger Clemens and Craig Biggio. It’s rather spooky just how much they look like their dads. And just how old it makes me feel for players of that generation to have kids that age.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72