Feb 26, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
Josh, that is:
Pettitte’s son Josh, a senior pitcher at Deer Park (Texas) High School, threw a no-hitter on Friday night against perennial Lone Star State powerhouse Boerne Champion HS, striking out 10 and walking just one to fall ever-so-short of a perfect game.
Best part, though: click through to that article and look at the pic of the young Pettitte alongside the sons of Roger Clemens and Craig Biggio. It’s rather spooky just how much they look like their dads. And just how old it makes me feel for players of that generation to have kids that age.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)