Feb 26, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
Remember this gem from a couple of years ago?
Gardy on Liriano: “We understand that he can strike people out, but if he really wants to become a pitcher, pitch to contact… #Twins
— Phil Mackey (@PMac21) April 13, 2011
Yeah, the Twins are out of that business now, it seems:
The phrase “pitch to contact” has been deleted from the Twins’ lexicon. It is gone forever … “I’m never saying it again,” Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson said. “I’ve taken enough crap for it.”
For his part, Anderson doesn’t think he was wrong to tell pitchers to pitch to contact. He simply thinks that everyone misunderstood him. Read the article to see if you buy his explanation.
In other news, Crash Davis is off someplace crying a little bit for the death of democracy.
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 4
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 133
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 42
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 371
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (371)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (135)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)