Feb 26, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
Remember this gem from a couple of years ago?
Gardy on Liriano: “We understand that he can strike people out, but if he really wants to become a pitcher, pitch to contact… #Twins
— Phil Mackey (@PMac21) April 13, 2011
Yeah, the Twins are out of that business now, it seems:
The phrase “pitch to contact” has been deleted from the Twins’ lexicon. It is gone forever … ”I’m never saying it again,” Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson said. “I’ve taken enough crap for it.”
For his part, Anderson doesn’t think he was wrong to tell pitchers to pitch to contact. He simply thinks that everyone misunderstood him. Read the article to see if you buy his explanation.
In other news, Crash Davis is off someplace crying a little bit for the death of democracy.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 5
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 22
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges