Feb 26, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
Remember this gem from a couple of years ago?
Gardy on Liriano: “We understand that he can strike people out, but if he really wants to become a pitcher, pitch to contact… #Twins
— Phil Mackey (@PMac21) April 13, 2011
Yeah, the Twins are out of that business now, it seems:
The phrase “pitch to contact” has been deleted from the Twins’ lexicon. It is gone forever … “I’m never saying it again,” Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson said. “I’ve taken enough crap for it.”
For his part, Anderson doesn’t think he was wrong to tell pitchers to pitch to contact. He simply thinks that everyone misunderstood him. Read the article to see if you buy his explanation.
In other news, Crash Davis is off someplace crying a little bit for the death of democracy.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)