Feb 26, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
Remember this gem from a couple of years ago?
Gardy on Liriano: “We understand that he can strike people out, but if he really wants to become a pitcher, pitch to contact… #Twins
— Phil Mackey (@PMac21) April 13, 2011
Yeah, the Twins are out of that business now, it seems:
The phrase “pitch to contact” has been deleted from the Twins’ lexicon. It is gone forever … ”I’m never saying it again,” Twins pitching coach Rick Anderson said. “I’ve taken enough crap for it.”
For his part, Anderson doesn’t think he was wrong to tell pitchers to pitch to contact. He simply thinks that everyone misunderstood him. Read the article to see if you buy his explanation.
In other news, Crash Davis is off someplace crying a little bit for the death of democracy.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)