Feb 26, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
The Wilpons almost lost their team thanks to their relationship with a ponzi schemer. They’re now getting rent from what many people have described as a pyramid scheme. New York Mets: meet Amway. Howard Megdal reports:
Amid fresh reports that the Mets are still in debt, Amway has moved into a storefront at Citi Field … The Citi Field outpost is Amway’s first storefront in America. On Saturday, Amway staged a grand opening (or “grand opening”: it got no coverage, as far as I can tell) with the Amway sign just a few feet away from a Mets ticket booth.
I think they should take this further. Big swings that just miss can be referred to as “Your Cutco Knife Cut of the Day!” Home runs can be followed up with things like “And around the bases comes David Wright with your Herbalife Home Run Trot of the Day!”
The possibilities are endless.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)