Feb 26, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
The Wilpons almost lost their team thanks to their relationship with a ponzi schemer. They’re now getting rent from what many people have described as a pyramid scheme. New York Mets: meet Amway. Howard Megdal reports:
Amid fresh reports that the Mets are still in debt, Amway has moved into a storefront at Citi Field … The Citi Field outpost is Amway’s first storefront in America. On Saturday, Amway staged a grand opening (or “grand opening”: it got no coverage, as far as I can tell) with the Amway sign just a few feet away from a Mets ticket booth.
I think they should take this further. Big swings that just miss can be referred to as “Your Cutco Knife Cut of the Day!” Home runs can be followed up with things like “And around the bases comes David Wright with your Herbalife Home Run Trot of the Day!”
The possibilities are endless.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)