Feb 26, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
The Wilpons almost lost their team thanks to their relationship with a ponzi schemer. They’re now getting rent from what many people have described as a pyramid scheme. New York Mets: meet Amway. Howard Megdal reports:
Amid fresh reports that the Mets are still in debt, Amway has moved into a storefront at Citi Field … The Citi Field outpost is Amway’s first storefront in America. On Saturday, Amway staged a grand opening (or “grand opening”: it got no coverage, as far as I can tell) with the Amway sign just a few feet away from a Mets ticket booth.
I think they should take this further. Big swings that just miss can be referred to as “Your Cutco Knife Cut of the Day!” Home runs can be followed up with things like “And around the bases comes David Wright with your Herbalife Home Run Trot of the Day!”
The possibilities are endless.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (228)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)