Feb 26, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
The Wilpons almost lost their team thanks to their relationship with a ponzi schemer. They’re now getting rent from what many people have described as a pyramid scheme. New York Mets: meet Amway. Howard Megdal reports:
Amid fresh reports that the Mets are still in debt, Amway has moved into a storefront at Citi Field … The Citi Field outpost is Amway’s first storefront in America. On Saturday, Amway staged a grand opening (or “grand opening”: it got no coverage, as far as I can tell) with the Amway sign just a few feet away from a Mets ticket booth.
I think they should take this further. Big swings that just miss can be referred to as “Your Cutco Knife Cut of the Day!” Home runs can be followed up with things like “And around the bases comes David Wright with your Herbalife Home Run Trot of the Day!”
The possibilities are endless.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17