Feb 27, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
As part of the festivities at Miller Park during Brewers games there’s a “sausage race” where people in Italian sausage, bratwurst, Polish Sausage, hot dog, and chorizo costumes have a mascot race.
But now the Italian sausage costume is missing, reports Lydia Mulvany of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
The Klement’s Racing Italian Sausage went barhopping in Cedarburg recently, delighting patrons and posing for photos. The only problem: No one can say who was wearing the $3,000 costume, which had just been stolen from the city’s Winter Festival.
The 7-foot-long weenie was lying unused in a backroom at the Milwaukee Curling Club’s new Cedarburg location during a fundraiser on Feb. 16 with beer-tasting and curling, and a witness saw the sausage walk out of the south door about 7:45 p.m., Cedarburg police Detective Jeff Vahsholtz said Wednesday. The Italian walked into TJ Ryan’s in Cedarburg an hour later and also made an appearance around midnight at The Roadhouse Bar and Grill.
I’m sort of shocked to learn that those costumes cost $3,000, but not at all shocked to learn that someone who would steal a $3,000 sausage costume would immediately take it to a bar to hang out.
And here’s my favorite part from the news article: “Mustard Girl All American Mustards has offered a year’s supply of mustard to anyone who returns the Italian Sausage costume.”
What if this was all just a long con meant to secure a whole bunch of mustard?
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)