Feb 27, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
As part of the festivities at Miller Park during Brewers games there’s a “sausage race” where people in Italian sausage, bratwurst, Polish Sausage, hot dog, and chorizo costumes have a mascot race.
But now the Italian sausage costume is missing, reports Lydia Mulvany of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
The Klement’s Racing Italian Sausage went barhopping in Cedarburg recently, delighting patrons and posing for photos. The only problem: No one can say who was wearing the $3,000 costume, which had just been stolen from the city’s Winter Festival.
The 7-foot-long weenie was lying unused in a backroom at the Milwaukee Curling Club’s new Cedarburg location during a fundraiser on Feb. 16 with beer-tasting and curling, and a witness saw the sausage walk out of the south door about 7:45 p.m., Cedarburg police Detective Jeff Vahsholtz said Wednesday. The Italian walked into TJ Ryan’s in Cedarburg an hour later and also made an appearance around midnight at The Roadhouse Bar and Grill.
I’m sort of shocked to learn that those costumes cost $3,000, but not at all shocked to learn that someone who would steal a $3,000 sausage costume would immediately take it to a bar to hang out.
And here’s my favorite part from the news article: “Mustard Girl All American Mustards has offered a year’s supply of mustard to anyone who returns the Italian Sausage costume.”
What if this was all just a long con meant to secure a whole bunch of mustard?
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)