Feb 27, 2013, 3:25 PM EDT
As part of the festivities at Miller Park during Brewers games there’s a “sausage race” where people in Italian sausage, bratwurst, Polish Sausage, hot dog, and chorizo costumes have a mascot race.
But now the Italian sausage costume is missing, reports Lydia Mulvany of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
The Klement’s Racing Italian Sausage went barhopping in Cedarburg recently, delighting patrons and posing for photos. The only problem: No one can say who was wearing the $3,000 costume, which had just been stolen from the city’s Winter Festival.
The 7-foot-long weenie was lying unused in a backroom at the Milwaukee Curling Club’s new Cedarburg location during a fundraiser on Feb. 16 with beer-tasting and curling, and a witness saw the sausage walk out of the south door about 7:45 p.m., Cedarburg police Detective Jeff Vahsholtz said Wednesday. The Italian walked into TJ Ryan’s in Cedarburg an hour later and also made an appearance around midnight at The Roadhouse Bar and Grill.
I’m sort of shocked to learn that those costumes cost $3,000, but not at all shocked to learn that someone who would steal a $3,000 sausage costume would immediately take it to a bar to hang out.
And here’s my favorite part from the news article: “Mustard Girl All American Mustards has offered a year’s supply of mustard to anyone who returns the Italian Sausage costume.”
What if this was all just a long con meant to secure a whole bunch of mustard?
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 4
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 61
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)