Feb 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Next weekend the Tigers are holding an organization-wide reunion for more than 100 former players and Jim Leyland has some big plans for the event, via Tom Gage of the Detroit News:
“Jim is going to sing at our dinner,” said former Tigers first baseman John Young, organizer of the first TigerTown reunion next weekend in Lakeland.
Leyland was a minor-league catcher in the Tigers organization from 1964-70. And many of those players expected to attend the weekend event will remember he used to sing during minor-league bus trips.
“A lot of Drifters songs,” Young said. “But the guy can sing.” And former Tigers pitcher Bill Slayback can play the guitar. So the two of them — Slayback and Leyland — will provide the entertainment.
If that doesn’t end up on YouTube we should just shut down the internet.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (138)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)