Feb 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Next weekend the Tigers are holding an organization-wide reunion for more than 100 former players and Jim Leyland has some big plans for the event, via Tom Gage of the Detroit News:
“Jim is going to sing at our dinner,” said former Tigers first baseman John Young, organizer of the first TigerTown reunion next weekend in Lakeland.
Leyland was a minor-league catcher in the Tigers organization from 1964-70. And many of those players expected to attend the weekend event will remember he used to sing during minor-league bus trips.
“A lot of Drifters songs,” Young said. “But the guy can sing.” And former Tigers pitcher Bill Slayback can play the guitar. So the two of them — Slayback and Leyland — will provide the entertainment.
If that doesn’t end up on YouTube we should just shut down the internet.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot