Feb 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Next weekend the Tigers are holding an organization-wide reunion for more than 100 former players and Jim Leyland has some big plans for the event, via Tom Gage of the Detroit News:
“Jim is going to sing at our dinner,” said former Tigers first baseman John Young, organizer of the first TigerTown reunion next weekend in Lakeland.
Leyland was a minor-league catcher in the Tigers organization from 1964-70. And many of those players expected to attend the weekend event will remember he used to sing during minor-league bus trips.
“A lot of Drifters songs,” Young said. “But the guy can sing.” And former Tigers pitcher Bill Slayback can play the guitar. So the two of them — Slayback and Leyland — will provide the entertainment.
If that doesn’t end up on YouTube we should just shut down the internet.
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 14
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 87
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)