Feb 27, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Next weekend the Tigers are holding an organization-wide reunion for more than 100 former players and Jim Leyland has some big plans for the event, via Tom Gage of the Detroit News:
“Jim is going to sing at our dinner,” said former Tigers first baseman John Young, organizer of the first TigerTown reunion next weekend in Lakeland.
Leyland was a minor-league catcher in the Tigers organization from 1964-70. And many of those players expected to attend the weekend event will remember he used to sing during minor-league bus trips.
“A lot of Drifters songs,” Young said. “But the guy can sing.” And former Tigers pitcher Bill Slayback can play the guitar. So the two of them — Slayback and Leyland — will provide the entertainment.
If that doesn’t end up on YouTube we should just shut down the internet.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 43
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (139)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)