Feb 27, 2013, 6:13 PM EDT
Wednesday’s exhibition game between the Mariners and Indians was brought to a sudden stop in the eighth inning after an alarm went off at Goodyear Ballpark.
As the loud beeping continued, fans eventually started to evacuate, only to return to their seats after the scoreboard proclaimed that it was a “False Alarm.”
The players remained on the field throughout the incident, so play was able to resume about five minutes later. The Mariners were up 5-0 at the time and went on to win the game 5-1. Outfielder Carlos Peguero homered twice for Seattle. Top prospect Danny Hultzen started and struck out four in two scoreless innings.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)