Feb 27, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
Good news tonight out of Cubs camp in Arizona.
He’ll probably start off with flat-ground tosses before eventually graduating back to mound work. The 29-year-old should be ready to make his Cactus League debut around the middle of March and still has a chance to be on the active roster on Opening Day.
Garza registered a solid 3.91 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 96/32 K/BB ratio over 103 2/3 innings last season for Chicago. He missed a large chunk of time with a stress reaction in his elbow, but that is a non-issue now.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 50
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 137
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (138)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)