Feb 27, 2013, 9:37 PM EST
Good news tonight out of Cubs camp in Arizona.
He’ll probably start off with flat-ground tosses before eventually graduating back to mound work. The 29-year-old should be ready to make his Cactus League debut around the middle of March and still has a chance to be on the active roster on Opening Day.
Garza registered a solid 3.91 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 96/32 K/BB ratio over 103 2/3 innings last season for Chicago. He missed a large chunk of time with a stress reaction in his elbow, but that is a non-issue now.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 22
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 76
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (76)