Feb 27, 2013, 9:37 PM EDT
Good news tonight out of Cubs camp in Arizona.
He’ll probably start off with flat-ground tosses before eventually graduating back to mound work. The 29-year-old should be ready to make his Cactus League debut around the middle of March and still has a chance to be on the active roster on Opening Day.
Garza registered a solid 3.91 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 96/32 K/BB ratio over 103 2/3 innings last season for Chicago. He missed a large chunk of time with a stress reaction in his elbow, but that is a non-issue now.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)