Feb 27, 2013, 12:01 PM EDT
Mike Baxter and Gilberto Valle combined to man the left side of New York City high school Archbishop Molloy’s infield in 2002. One went on to play outfield for the New York Mets. The other has been charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping after online chats indicated his desire to cook and eat women.
NYMag.com points out that the 2002 squad featuring Baxter at shortstop and Valle at third won the NYC title and was ranked No. 3 in the East region by USA TODAY.
Valle, a six-year member of the NYPD, is on trial in New York. An FBI agent testified Tuesday on Valle’s reported plans, which included roasting a girl’s arm on a barbecue and “longing for the day i cram a chloroform soaked rag in her face.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)