Feb 28, 2013, 7:40 AM EDT
Travelling is weird. You’re out of your usual routine. Your body is messed up from the time change. It can be hard. But I have found that the best way to keep your gravity about you when you’re in a strange place doing strange things is to do at least one thing you’d normally do when you’re at home. Just to keep you sane, ya know?
For me, it’s this sort of thing:
The Phillies came into this camp knowing they had to play better defense than last season if they’re going to rise to the top of the NL East again. So far, so bad … Charlie Manuel wants to see improvement this season. He isn’t liking what he has seen from his fielders so far this spring.
Whoever woulda thunk that adding Yuniesky Betancourt to your roster would hurt your defense? I mean, really, why knew? Thank god that they at least have Michael and, eventually, Delmon Young around to right the ship defensively.
Ahh, I feel way better. It’s like the jet lag is gone and all is right with the world.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (157)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)