Feb 28, 2013, 7:40 AM EDT
Travelling is weird. You’re out of your usual routine. Your body is messed up from the time change. It can be hard. But I have found that the best way to keep your gravity about you when you’re in a strange place doing strange things is to do at least one thing you’d normally do when you’re at home. Just to keep you sane, ya know?
For me, it’s this sort of thing:
The Phillies came into this camp knowing they had to play better defense than last season if they’re going to rise to the top of the NL East again. So far, so bad … Charlie Manuel wants to see improvement this season. He isn’t liking what he has seen from his fielders so far this spring.
Whoever woulda thunk that adding Yuniesky Betancourt to your roster would hurt your defense? I mean, really, why knew? Thank god that they at least have Michael and, eventually, Delmon Young around to right the ship defensively.
Ahh, I feel way better. It’s like the jet lag is gone and all is right with the world.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 5
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 35
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 89
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)