Feb 28, 2013, 7:40 AM EST
Travelling is weird. You’re out of your usual routine. Your body is messed up from the time change. It can be hard. But I have found that the best way to keep your gravity about you when you’re in a strange place doing strange things is to do at least one thing you’d normally do when you’re at home. Just to keep you sane, ya know?
For me, it’s this sort of thing:
The Phillies came into this camp knowing they had to play better defense than last season if they’re going to rise to the top of the NL East again. So far, so bad … Charlie Manuel wants to see improvement this season. He isn’t liking what he has seen from his fielders so far this spring.
Whoever woulda thunk that adding Yuniesky Betancourt to your roster would hurt your defense? I mean, really, why knew? Thank god that they at least have Michael and, eventually, Delmon Young around to right the ship defensively.
Ahh, I feel way better. It’s like the jet lag is gone and all is right with the world.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 17
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 73
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)