Feb 28, 2013, 7:40 AM EDT
Travelling is weird. You’re out of your usual routine. Your body is messed up from the time change. It can be hard. But I have found that the best way to keep your gravity about you when you’re in a strange place doing strange things is to do at least one thing you’d normally do when you’re at home. Just to keep you sane, ya know?
For me, it’s this sort of thing:
The Phillies came into this camp knowing they had to play better defense than last season if they’re going to rise to the top of the NL East again. So far, so bad … Charlie Manuel wants to see improvement this season. He isn’t liking what he has seen from his fielders so far this spring.
Whoever woulda thunk that adding Yuniesky Betancourt to your roster would hurt your defense? I mean, really, why knew? Thank god that they at least have Michael and, eventually, Delmon Young around to right the ship defensively.
Ahh, I feel way better. It’s like the jet lag is gone and all is right with the world.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105