Feb 28, 2013, 7:40 AM EST
Travelling is weird. You’re out of your usual routine. Your body is messed up from the time change. It can be hard. But I have found that the best way to keep your gravity about you when you’re in a strange place doing strange things is to do at least one thing you’d normally do when you’re at home. Just to keep you sane, ya know?
For me, it’s this sort of thing:
The Phillies came into this camp knowing they had to play better defense than last season if they’re going to rise to the top of the NL East again. So far, so bad … Charlie Manuel wants to see improvement this season. He isn’t liking what he has seen from his fielders so far this spring.
Whoever woulda thunk that adding Yuniesky Betancourt to your roster would hurt your defense? I mean, really, why knew? Thank god that they at least have Michael and, eventually, Delmon Young around to right the ship defensively.
Ahh, I feel way better. It’s like the jet lag is gone and all is right with the world.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)