Feb 28, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
This is a blast from the past. Two years ago we posted about Tim Lincecum’s landlord suing him, claiming he did over $200,000 damage to his Mission District apartment between May 2010 and February 2011. It also said that he squatted in the place for three months after the lease was up, refusing to leave. At the time the landlord’s lawyer said “My belief is there was some kind of party that left it in really bad condition. Maybe there’s a perfectly good explanation on his side, but we haven’t heard it yet.”
I can’t imagine Tim Lincecum partying, can you? That thing on the table must be some weird kind of glass candle or some such:
Anyway, the suit is apparently still winding through court, with Linceucm fighting to have the suit heard in arbitration but the landlord wanting a proper trial. The landlord, the San Francisco Chronicle reports, has won that battle.
Dude: you make over $20 million a year. Consider settling this thing. You don’t want your dirty laundry and/or bong water aired in court, do you?
I’m off to Scottsdale to Giants camp this morning. Perhaps he’ll take my advice on that if he feels like talking.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 21
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)