Feb 28, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
This is a blast from the past. Two years ago we posted about Tim Lincecum’s landlord suing him, claiming he did over $200,000 damage to his Mission District apartment between May 2010 and February 2011. It also said that he squatted in the place for three months after the lease was up, refusing to leave. At the time the landlord’s lawyer said “My belief is there was some kind of party that left it in really bad condition. Maybe there’s a perfectly good explanation on his side, but we haven’t heard it yet.”
I can’t imagine Tim Lincecum partying, can you? That thing on the table must be some weird kind of glass candle or some such:
Anyway, the suit is apparently still winding through court, with Linceucm fighting to have the suit heard in arbitration but the landlord wanting a proper trial. The landlord, the San Francisco Chronicle reports, has won that battle.
Dude: you make over $20 million a year. Consider settling this thing. You don’t want your dirty laundry and/or bong water aired in court, do you?
I’m off to Scottsdale to Giants camp this morning. Perhaps he’ll take my advice on that if he feels like talking.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)